We are searching for a curious, consulting-minded and broadly skilled Android developer for our joint IBM-Aperto Team in Berlin (with regular travel to Hamburg). You will work on our projects related to the Electronic Health Record ("Elektronische Gesundheitsakte"), an IBM product that offers secure storing and sharing of health-related information for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurance companies and 3rd party services.
Who we are
We are Aperto, an IBM company. We connect strategy, technology, creativity – to help brands and organisations in the transformation of the digital age. We offer talent, a passion for excellence and a unique culture in which ideas and innovation thrive. We believe in creating a better digitised world. As a member of IBM iX, we are part of one of the largest digital agencies worldwide.
Our passion is to create digital products and services with the goal of making health care more convenient, accessible, usable and transparent. Our products are applications for the Electronic Health Record (elektronische Gesundheitsakte). Working closely with our colleagues from IBM, we participate in building IBM's cloud-based Open Industry Platform for developing and distributing health care applications. By developing these products and services, we help insurance companies and other main players in the digital transformation of Germany's health care system.
Your home field will be a team of 20+ frontend and backend developers, DevOps Engineers, Cloud Specialists and UX / UI designers. You are working together on the development of native iOS and Android SDKs and their implementation in our client's products. We are developing the core product in-house in Hamburg, and are collaborating with our clients in the implementation of the product in the client's environments.
Besides being member of your team, you will be part of our Aperto developer community in Berlin with more than 150 engineers, where you can connect, learn and improve your skills. And if you want more, the IBM developer practises in Germany and worldwide are looking forward to you.
What you will need to be part of the team
First things first: as we are exclusively working for clients from the DACH region, so understanding German is always helpful. But since we are working in teams, your colleagues will be happy to help you out. So, if you are fluent in english, give it a shot, but be aware that your team-mates will gently push you in our German course on the long run!
Apart from the language, we expect:
· 4+ years of experience in Java, Kotlin, Swift.
· Good understanding of common software development tools (e.g. git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence).
· Good understanding of various application architectures (MVP, MVVM, VIPER etc.)
· An interest in object-oriented design and S.O.L.I.D design principles
· Curiosity for latest technologies such as TDD, Flutter/React Native, reactive and functional programming
· Quality conscious and passionate about code with an emphasis on unit/integration tests.
· Creative mind with an interest in UX and animations.
· Strong communications skills and interpersonal skills.
· Good knowledge of concurrency & JUC
· Links to Play Store Apps where you've been instrumental.
· Relevant github and/or Stack Overflow profile.
· Ability to travel 2/3 days a week to Hamburg as and when required.
Nice to haves:
· Exposure to Atomic Design principles, Android development.
· Exposure to Continuous Integration, and TDD.
· Understanding of functional programming, composition, currying, etc.
· Exposure to SOLID principles and Object Oriented design.
· Previous experience with Sketch.
Why working with Aperto?
We are committed a diverse and fair organization, one where being open, progressive and excellent is not a contradiction in terms. This company culture runs through everything we do. Plus, as being part of IBM, we can offer excellent and unique opportunities to learn, improve your skills, and connect.
- Since we are an agency, you'll have the opportunity to work on different products on the long run. Not just one product forever.
- Within IBM, you will be part of a worldwide community with experienced peers. It's an entire universe.
- There are some neat benefits such as a membership to Safari books.
- IBM's partnership with Apple gives us access to exclusive resources.
- We offer you a variety of trainings, such as language courses, presentation or leadership trainings
- Our work culture ist truly multidisciplinary, lively and creative.
- You will love our beautiful office in an old factory, located in the heart of Berlin
Your gender identity doesn't matter to us.