We are searching for a curious, open minded and broadly skilled Mobile (iOS/Android Native + React Native) developer to join our Digital Health & Insurance department. You will join a creative and diverse team of 50+ people; health care experts, design thinkers, designers and developers. We want you to be part in our unique culture, working on exciting projects for major clients, and building one of the leading mobile app development agencies in Germany.
Who we are
We are Aperto. We connect strategy, technology, creativity – to help brands and organizations in the transformation of the digital age. We offer talent, a passion for excellence and a unique culture in which ideas and innovation thrive. We believe in creating a better digitized world. As a member of IBM iX, we are part of one of the largest digital agencies world-wide.
What we do
In the Digital Health & Insurance department, our passion is to create digital products and services with the goal of making health care more convenient, accessible, usable and transparent. Our products are applications for the Electronic Health Record (elektronische Gesundheitsakte), applications for hospitals and other service providers in health care, iOT applications for home care, AI-based chatbots for self-service diagnosis. Working closely with our colleagues from IBM, we participate in building IBMs cloud-based Open Industry Platform for developing and distributing health care applications. By developing these products and services, we help insurance companies and other main players in the digital transformation of Germany's health care system.
Your playground: our Mobile/React team
Your home field will be a cross-functional team of frontend and backend developers, DevOps engineer, product owner and UX/UI designers. You are working together on products that include both, web apps and native apps, specifically built on a JS frameworks, as far as possible. You will be involved in creating the concept, architecture and actual solution of your product from scratch and in every aspect.
Besides being member of your team, you will be part of our awesome Aperto developer community with more than 150 engineers, where you can connect, learn and improve your skills. And if you want more, the IBM developer practices in Germany and worldwide are looking forward to you.
What you will need to be part of the team
First things first: as we are exclusively working for clients from the DACH region, so understanding German is always helpful. But since we are working in teams, your colleagues will be happy to help you out. So, if you are fluent in english, give it a shot, but be aware that your team-mates will gently push you in our German course on the long run!
Apart from the language, we expect:
- 4+ years of experience in software development in different technologies. You know, variety matters!
- Exposure to Redux, MobX or any other MV* application architecture.
- Exposure to iOS, Objective-C, Swift and/or Android, Java/Kotlin native Mobile development experience is appreciated.
- Understanding of the JS Event loop, Promises, Async, Await and other ES6 features is advantageous.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Git, Jenkins is preferred.
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to Atomic Design principles.
- Exposure to Continuous Integration, and TDD.
- Exposure to Webpack, Gulp, Grunt or any other JS build tools is appreciated.
- Understanding of functional programming, composition, currying, etc.
- Exposure to SOLID principles and Object Oriented design.
- Previous experience with Sketch.
Why working with Aperto?
We are committed a diverse and fair organization, one where being open, progressive and excellent is not a contradiction in terms. This company culture runs through everything we do. Plus, as being part of IBM, we can offer excellent and unique opportunities to learn, improve your skills, and connect.
- Since we are an agency, you'll have the opportunity to work on different products on the long run. Not just one product forever.
- Within IBM, you will be part of a worldwide community with experienced peers. It's an entire universe.
- There are some neat benefits such as a membership to Safari books.
- IBM's partnership with Apple gives us access to exclusive resources.
- We offer you a variety of trainings, such as language courses, presentation or leadership trainings
- Our work culture ist truly multidisciplinary, lively and creative.
- You will love our beautiful office in an old factory, located in the heart of Berlin
*Your gender identity doesn't matter to us.