As Director Experience Design with a focus on Visual & User Interface Design (m/f/d), you steer and design the development of digital products, services and platforms, primarily for clients from the mobility sector. You contribute to innovation topics such as e-mobility and focus on interface and visual design at the highest level for holistic experience design systems. You add value by improving the quality of design, feasibility, workflows and collaboration in the client relationship, and as a leader, the training and growth of designers. You are inspiring, nurturing and hands-on oriented.
What you can expect
- You take a lead function in our Industry & Mobility Business Cluster.
- You are responsible for user interface and visual design as creative lead
- You have the main responsibility for design projects through the entire product cycle from design to technical implementation
- You analyse and translate user needs into concept and design
- You clearly define and evaluate project objectives and their scope
- You ensure design quality in all development steps, from concept to final UI solutions
- You develop design strategies
- You drive innovation projects and innovation topics forward
- You present and communicate concepts to relevant stakeholders
- You are responsible for a team of 5-8 designers
- You see yourself as an active sparring partner for our Talent Acquisition Team
- You will be a member of the IBM iX Experience Design Leadership Board.
What you bring to the table
- You have many years of professional experience as a Senior/Lead User Interface Designer (UI/UX/Service) or currently in a similar role in digital business (agency, startup, e-commerce etc.)
- You have a sound knowledge of UX, UI, visuals, communication and branding.
- You are highly competent in the development of UI solutions, look & feel, visual language and design systems
- You have methodological skills and experience in an agile working environment
- You have experience in using design thinking techniques, design sprints, design systems, etc.
- Ideally, you have experience working with clients in the mobility/automotive sector.
- You have experience in leading employees and in hiring
- You have a very high design standard and are willing to back it up with awards, speaking engagements, etc.
- You have strong presentation and communication skills and a confident manner
- You speak very good English, German would be an advantage
What we offer you
- An exciting working environment with interdisciplinary teams
- Access to groundbreaking technologies as part of IBM: Blockchain, Watson AI, Bluemix, etc.
- State-of-the-art tooling: Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Toolstack, Slack, etc.
- Interesting projects with customers, including top 10 DAX companies
- Continuous further training opportunities as a manager
- Various internal exchange formats in the field of experience design
- A great atmosphere and an open corporate culture
- A large community with strong talents who want to be promoted
- A hybrid work model, remote possible
- A mindfulness programme and many other benefits
This is particularly important to us
Aperto is committed to creating an inclusive workplace offering equal opportunities to everyone. We especially encourage all people with their individual diverse backgronds and perspectives to apply.
Apply with us!
We want to give you feedback on your application as soon as possible. Please use our online application portal to ensure a quick and smooth application process.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to receiving your application including portfolio.