As a Senior UX Designer (m/f/d) in the iX Studio in Hamburg, you are an important part of our multidisciplinary team. You will work in agile project teams side by side with our visual designers and developers.
Your responsibility is the UX design and communication of the overall user experience for our clients and their users. To do this, you use a wide variety of methods and result types, such as design thinking, design research, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
You work independently on projects of different sizes, in which you get to know an exciting range of customer profiles and industries. You will not only work directly with our clients, but also with iX teams from other studios and IBM teams. In these projects, you are able to set the content direction together with the customer as a technical lead and to transform this agilely with the visual design and the front-end development into a great user experience.
Your continuous development is important to us: we offer you the opportunity to expand and deepen your experience with professional training.
You can expect attractive career prospects, flat hierarchies in the team and a high degree of personal responsibility. Of course, you will be provided with all the tools you need as a UX designer.
What awaits you
- Significant and responsible development of user-centred concepts for digital products and services (websites, apps and platforms)
- Requirements analysis, research and benchmarking
- Development of personas and user journeys
- Creation of wireframes and prototypes with various tools
- Independent creation of navigation concepts and information architectures
- Documentation and specification of concepts, interaction description
- Planning and implementation of user research, user testing
- Planning and implementation of workshops & customer presentations
- Mentorship and supervision of colleagues at junior and advanced level
- Close cooperation in agile, interdisciplinary teams
What you bring to the table
You are able to empathise with people and translate this knowledge into successful products and services: You can harmonise functionality and aesthetics, understand thoughts, emotions and needs of consumers, customers or employees of a company and transform them into a consistent user experience strategy.
You work independently and are self-organised, but you are also a team player. You define and meet high quality standards for your work and already have experience of working in multidisciplinary teams.
You can independently manage time and project scope and also handle tasks in fast development cycles (agile approach). You are self-confident in dealing with clients and able to lead workshops independently. You are also able to support other Junior UX colleagues and develop them with your own experience.
As we work for clients all over Germany, you should be prepared to carry out part of your work directly on site at the client's premises.
Therefore you bring the following with you:
- Several years of professional experience in the field of user experience design
- Experience in user-centred approaches and methods such as design thinking
- Experience in creating personas, user journeys, sitemaps, scenarios, wireframes and navigation models
- Confident with Sketch and InVision and other prototyping tools such as figma, Axure, Adobe XD etc.
- Experience with agile project methods and procedures
- Enjoy developing creative ideas and concepts
- Interest in new technologies, trends and innovations
- Experience in strategy projects or business design
- Experience in business analysis
- Experience in projects for web and mobile applications
- Experience with AI or language-based systems, conversational design or similar.
- Good sense of text formulation and basic understanding of visual design and typography.
- Very good communication, moderation and presentation skills
- Very good knowledge of German and English
What we offer you
- An exciting working environment with interdisciplinary teams
- Access to groundbreaking technologies as part of IBM: Blockchain, Watson AI, etc.
- State-of-the-art tooling: Slack, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Toolstack, etc.
- Interesting projects with clients who are among the top 10 DAX companies.
- Continuous training opportunities to keep your finger on the digital pulse
- Various internal exchange formats in the area of design
- A great atmosphere and an open corporate culture
This is particularly important to us
Aperto is committed to creating an inclusive workplace offering equal opportunities to everyone. We especially encourage all people with their individual diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Apply with us!
We want to give you feedback on your application as soon as possible. Please use our online application portal to ensure a quick and smooth application process.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to receiving your application and portfolio.
Click here to apply