IBM iX offers true end-to-end capabilities at scale, from experience strategy to the design, delivery and optimization of employee and customer experiences —harnessing the data, tools and technologies that make them possible.
We work with an unrivaled ecosystem of partners such as Acquia, Adobe, CoreMedia, Magnolia, Salesforce and SAP to create value and differentiation through exceptional customer experiences.
Become part of a growing, cross-functional team of consultants, architects, data scientist and others with flat hierarchies, short decision paths and lots of room for hands-on innovation and bringing digital trans-formation to life. Work on exciting IBM projects, alongside colleagues from different IBM brands.
As a (Senior) Banking Java Consultant, you lead the technical analysis and the reimplementation of enterprise-wide processes and applications that need to be modernized. You are responsible for implementing requirements brought forth by a business analyst to modernize and transform an existing mainframe/cobol application into a containerized Java solution. You design intelligent code workflows, optimize the current solution technically where possible, guiding our clients along their modernization roadmap towards a more efficient and customer oriented, top notch technology.
You are a development team leader being able to lead a team of people and make decisions that have impact beyond your scope as individual developer.
What awaits you
In this client facing role you need to be able to translate between old tech and new tech. By designing an object-oriented solution for a solution coming from the era of procedural programming, you create value for our customers every single day.
- You lead the Java development team, collaborating with analysts and architects in the design and execution of Java modernization and implementation
- Conversion of specifications into performant Java code
- Technical control of development teams, acts as a coach
- You are taking over the technical lead for design and implementation of a new Java-based solution for functionality currently realized in an old cobol monolith
- You will create functionally equivalent code for specifications based on existing Cobol code
- You will ensure through automated testing that there is a 1:1 functional equivalence between old and new solution
- Support of the architects in the creation of the technical specification
- Support of the business analysts in the creation of the functional specification based on existing code
- You utilize your experience and leverage the wider IBM family to plan and create state-of-the-art solutions in an agile environment
- Together with our client’s you design the most valuable outcome for their eco-system
- You benefit from a continuously changing environment for yourself, the project teams, and your clients
- You enjoy travelling to client sites and work from there as per project requirement
What you bring to the table
As a (Senior) Banking Java Consultant, you have deep hands-on skills in at least some of the following areas and tools - but not necessarily all of them:
- You have basic banking process and domain knowledge
- This might include things like relevant security procedures (PIN, TAN variants, PSD2, etc.)
- Deep Java Knowledge including:
- Standard (Java 1.8) Backend Development
- Knowledge of relevant frameworks such as Spring, Spring-Batch, Hibernate
- You can read and interpret Cobol code, or are willing to get up to speed on it
- Optional: Experience with Java Z under CICS and Batch
- At least basic knowledge about containerization
- Affinity to technology, being able to translate business requirements into IT
- Agile working methods and mindset
- Language skills: German & English fluent in written and spoken language
- Willingness to travel (up to four days a week)
What we offer you
- A global network of experts working on the future of smart business
- Personal career development in a creative agency environment embedded in a global company
- A workplace in the heart of Berlin in a historic factory building and opportunity to work remotely, willingness to travel (5-10 days per month) to work on-site with clients
- Access to breakthrough technologies as part of IBM Interactive Experience (IBM iX)
- Ongoing, frequent training opportunities and various internal sharing formats to keep your finger on the digital pulse
- Access to IBM's knowledge and training capabilities
- A great atmosphere, flexible working hours and an open corporate culture
- Room for your own creative ideas
This is particularly important to us
Aperto is committed to creating an inclusive workplace offering equal opportunities to everyone. We especially encourage all people with their individual diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Apply with us!
We want to give you feedback on your application as soon as possible. Please use our online application portal to ensure a quick and smooth application process.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.