IBM iX offers true end-to-end capabilities at scale, from experience strategy to the design, delivery and optimization of employee and customer experiences —harnessing the data, tools and technologies that make them possible.
We work with an unrivaled ecosystem of partners such as Acquia, Adobe, CoreMedia, Magnolia, Salesforce and SAP to create value and differentiation through exceptional customer experiences.
Become part of a growing, cross functional team of consultants, architects, data scientist and others in an environment with flat hierarchies, short decision paths and lots of room for hands-on innovation and bringing digital transformation to life. Work on exciting IBM projects, alongside colleagues from different IBM brands.
As a DevOps Cloud Architect with focus on Microsoft Azure in a hybrid, multi-cloud environment, you directly help clients on their journey to cloud based on an open architecture. You will guide clients along a DevOps approach, aligning development with operations, while keeping required service approaches in mind. You will advise clients on modern ways of working, define toolchain and platform architectures, as well as take over the technical leadership for project teams while implementing such a solution.
You are a technical leader, serving as a counterpart among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
What awaits you
- You are taking over the lead for design and implementation of cloud solutions for industry leading clients at enterprise scale
- You utilize DevOps practices and methods to plan and create state-of-the-art solutions in an agile environment
- Together with our clients you design the most valuable outcome for their ecosystem
- You benefit from a continuously changing environment for yourself, the project teams, and your clients
- You enjoy travelling to client sites and work from there as per project requirement
What you bring to the table
In this client facing role you need to be able to translate between business and tech. By building pragmatic IT solutions for real world problems, you create value for our customers every single day. With strong interpersonal skills you know how to contribute to the success of your team by sharing your deep hands-on skills and experience across different technology stacks.
Being a team player you strongly value diversity and different opinions.
- Work with developers to identify necessary Azure resources and automate their provisioning
- Create plan for resource groups and resource naming
- Work with development team and key stake holders to create plan for monitoring Azure resources
- Skills developing a Site Reliability Engineering Strategy, taking advantage of relevant technologies such as Azure Load Balancer, Virtual Machine Scale Sets, Custom Script Extensions
As a DevOps Azure Cloud architect, you have deep hands-on skills in at least some of the following areas and tools - but not necessarily all of them:
- Programming languages: e.g., ASP.NET Core, Java, Python, Node.js, Bash, Ruby, Go
- Container: e.g., Azure Container Registry, Azure Kubernetes Service
- DevOps & CI/CD: e.g., Azure Repos, Git, Azure Pipelines, Jira, Azure Boards, Trello, Azure Artifacts
- Automation/Deployment: e.g., Azure Resource Manager, Auto Scaling Groups, Configuration Management (DSC), Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
- Testing/Quality Management: e.g., Azure Test Plans, Cucumber, Selenium, SonarQube
- Logging/Monitoring: e.g., Azure Monitor, Application Insights, Azure Log Analytics, Elastic Stack
- Databases: e.g., Azure SQL, MySQL, Postgres SQL, Redis, MongoDB
- Microservices, Azure Serverless, Cloud-native approach
- Scrum, Kanban, Design Thinking
- Professional Azure certification is a plus
What we offer you
- Work on exciting IBM projects, alongside colleagues from different IBM brands
- A workplace in the heart of Berlin in a historic factory building or working remotely
- Access to groundbreaking technologies as part of IBM Interactive Experience (IBM iX)
- Continuous, frequent training opportunities and various internal exchange formats to keep your finger on the digital pulse
- Access to the knowledge and training capacities of IBM
- A great atmosphere, flexible working hours and an open corporate culture
- Attractive career paths in a competitive setup offer you excellent opportunity to grow
- Room for your own creative ideas
This is particularly important to us
Aperto is committed to creating an inclusive workplace offering equal opportunities to everyone. We especially encourage all people with their individual diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Apply to us!
We want to respond to your application as soon as possible. Please use our online application portal to ensure a quick and smooth application process.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.