IBM iX offers true end-to-end capabilities at scale, from experience strategy to the design, delivery and optimization of employee and customer experiences — harnessing the data, tools and technologies that make them possible.
We work with an unrivaled ecosystem of partners such as Acquia, Adobe, CoreMedia, Magnolia, Salesforce and SAP to create value and differentiation through exceptional customer experiences.
Become part of a growing, cross-functional team of consultants, architects, data scientist and others with flat hierarchies, short decision paths and lots of room for hands-on innovation and bringing digital trans-formation to life. Work on exciting IBM projects, alongside colleagues from different IBM brands.
As DevOps Cloud Engineer you introduce processes, tools, and methodologies to balance needs throughout the software development life cycle, from coding and deployment, to maintenance and updates.
Development teams and IT operations teams can have different skills and different goals. Developers want to introduce new features to an application, while operations teams want to preserve the stability of an application once it is released.
What awaits you
- You are taking over the lead for design and implementation of DevOps solutions for industry leading clients at enterprise scale
- You utilize DevOps practices and methods to plan and create state-of-the-art solutions in an agile environment
- Together with our clients you design the most valuable outcome for their ecosystem
- You benefit from a continuously changing environment for yourself, the project teams, and your clients
- You enjoy travelling to client sites and work from there as per project requirement
What you bring to the table
- You are using contemporary technologies and approaches to design, develop, test and deliver cloud-based solutions
- You understand the relationship among various technologies and architectures and how they contribute to a solution
- You understand the nuances of different cloud solutions (multi, hybrid, public, private, on premise), proficient knowledge of cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP) and implications for the solution design
- You know how to work in an agile environment with the client to understand stakeholder requirements
- Strong experience in delivering Cloud/Platform solutions
- Infrastructure build and configurations of a variety of services
- Hands-on experience with design and implementation on cloud native solutions
- Hands-on experience with design and implementation of production grade infrastructure as code solution using one or more tools
- Knowledge of multiple development/scripting languages
- Ability to quickly learn new platforms, languages, tools, and techniques as needed to meet project requirements
- A basic understanding of the principles of design thinking is a plus
In this client facing role you need to be able to translate between business and tech. By building pragmatic IT solutions for real world problems, you create value for our customers every single day. With strong interpersonal skills you know how to contribute to the success of your team by sharing your deep hands-on skills and experience across different technology stacks.
Being a team player you strongly value diversity and different opinions.
As a DevOps Cloud Engineer, you have deep hands-on skills in the following areas and tools (or comparable) – but not necessarily all of them:
- Public Clouds: AWS, Azure, OpenShift, GCP
- Container: Docker, Kubernetes, AKS (Azure), EKS (AWS)
- DevOps & CI/CD: Git, Jenkins, Gitlab CICD, Argo CD, GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, Jira, Confluence
- Monitoring: Cloud-Watch, Prometheus, Elastic Stack
- Databases: DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis
What we offer you
- Working on exciting IBM projects, alongside colleagues from different IBM brands
- A workplace in the heart of Berlin in a historic factory building or working remotely
- Access to groundbreaking technologies as part of IBM Interactive Experience (IBM iX)
- Continuous, frequent training opportunities and various internal exchange formats to keep your finger on the digital pulse
- Access to the knowledge and training capacities of IBM
- A great atmosphere, flexible working hours and an open corporate culture
- Attractive career paths in a competitive setup offer you excellent opportunity to grow
- Room for your own creative ideas
This is particularly important to us
Aperto is committed to creating an inclusive workplace offering equal opportunities to everyone. We especially encourage all people with their individual diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Apply to us!
We want to respond to your application as soon as possible. Please use our online application portal to ensure a quick and seamless application process.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.