You’re excited about digital products and services that are truly valuable, usable and delightful? You’re convinced that design can move people and change businesses?
We at IBM iX Switzerland are looking for a UX/UI Designer (m/f/d) to help us do so.
As part of IBM, we are one of the largest digital agency families worldwide, working at the intersection of business, communication and technology. We think bigger than an agency and more creatively than a consultancy – with the power to integrate the whole system. We’re building business by design. We help our clients imagine how their offer will shape the world for years to come. And then we make it real.
What we are looking for
As a UX/UI designer, you will focus on core aspects of our clients’ business when designing new user experiences. You’ll be involved in the entire creative process, from user research through product definition, ideation, wireframing, UI design and prototyping.
We’re looking for a mid-level to senior designer with a passion for UX and UI, who is striving to develop their existing skills by working on a wide variety of projects. Collaborating with our team of digital consultants you’ll contribute to overall UX concepts and be responsible for the actual UI designs. A deep understanding of human-centric design and a passion for shaping new digital experiences is key.
Work is project-based and typically your assignments will last 3-9 months, periodically being embedded in our clients agile workstreams. After that, you’ll move to another assignment to gain exposure to different business environments. As such, your capacity to be self-reliant and work independently will be as important as your ability to interact with fellow designers and team stakeholders. We think collaborative communication is an important part of this role and you should be confident enough to insert and champion your ideas throughout the process.
Apply if you have:
- Graduated with a degree in Product Design, Interaction Design or Communications Design
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in digital product and service design, including a variety of digital touchpoints such as desktop clients, web apps, mobile apps as well as web and mobile prototyping
- Strong information architecture, interaction and visual design skills
- Excellent knowledge of the tools of the trade, including Sketch & Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, Powerpoint/Keynote etc.
- Success stories to share on UX design, UI design, user research, usability testing and design thinking
- A portfolio to showcase excellence in storytelling, visual design and presentation
- Fluency in German or French and proficiency in English
Apply if you want:
- A great place of work at our IBM location in Zürich
- The opportunity to partially work remotely and from home, and the tools to do so
- The opportunity to work on various projects in different market segments and a range of digital product & service areas
- The opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary team in accord with Agile principles and Scrum
- Access to game-changing methodology and design techniques, such as the IBM Enterprise Design Thinking framework and the IBM Carbon Design System toolkit
- Access to ground-breaking Technology, such as IBM Watson and IBM Cloud
- Access to our best-of-breed tool-stack, including design (Adobe Creative Suite & XD, Sketch & Invision, Figma, FramerJS etc.), communication (Microsoft Office, WebEx, Confluence, Jira etc.) and collaboration tools (Abstract, Mural, Slack, IBM Box etc.)
- Industry leading compensation and benefits programs
- Growth opportunities in the entire IBM-iX family of agencies, departments and locations
- An open corporate culture, a great atmosphere and an awesome crew looking forward to work with you
Apply for a job with us!
We want to respond to your application as soon as possible, so please use our online application portal in order to ensure a quick and seamless application process. We thank you for your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.